At the Pharmacy Professionals we are committed to giving you short term, quality, and affordable Pharmacy Technician courses. Our courses are offered one day a week to meet the needs of busy adults who want a new career path. All courses runs for 15 weeks (60 hours) 75-150 hours of online reading and quizzes and 40 hours of PTCB prep. We require students to complete at least 5 to 10 hours a week of lecture reading and online quiz taking (minimum of 5 hours a week). Once the student is complete with their class time and have turned in their lab manual a 120 hour externship will be completed by the student. The Pharmacy Professionals will place the student in their externship. This will make the student eligible to apply for Registration as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of California.
This course is designed to prepare our students to be an asset to an actual community pharmacy and clinical pharmacy environment as an entry level Pharmacy Technician. This course offers the following:
- Knowledge of Pharmacy Laws and Ethics
- Knowledge of different Pharmacy Practice Settings
- Knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of a Pharmacy Technician
- Knowledge and ability to carry out Pharmaceutical calculations
- Knowledge and understanding of the identification of drugs, drug dosages
routes of administration, dosage forms and all storage requirements
- Knowledge of different record keeping functions involved in dispensing meds
- Knowledge of the ability to perform procedures and techniques related to
the labeling of drug products, manufacturing, and packaging
- Knowledge of processing prescriptions
- Knowledge of Aseptic Technique and IV admixture
- Knowledge of Compounding and its procedure
Since this course is given only one day a week , it is very fast pace, and will require dedication and commitment for the length of the course. Every student will have to commit at least 5-10 hours per week to be a successful student.
Upon completion of this short term course the student will receive a Certificate of Completion and be eligible to apply for registration as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of California. Upon enrollment the Pharmacy Professionals will require every student to schedule their PTCB exam. Taking the PTCB is mandatory.
All prospective students MUST possess a high school diploma or GED and have NO FELONY RECORD. Students must have a current BLS CPR card by their 15th week.
Main Office Location:
3567 Main Street
Riverside Ca. 92507
Please refer to Class locations and Class Times Icon for Addresses to our Locations.
Saturdays: 8:30am to 12:30pm
Please call to make an appointment for in person registration at 909-631-9518.